1 1/2 cup Multiuso Multi-Purpose Mix
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup creamy unsalted, almond butter (see ingredients and directions below for homemade)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cup (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
¾ cup slivered almonds
1 cup unsalted slivered almonds
1 tablespoon light olive oil
Preheat oven to 350°
- Slightly roast almond slivers on a cookie sheet until slightly brown. Grind almonds and oil in food processor until creamy.
- Using a mixer, beat butter, almond butter, and both sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and slivered almonds.
- PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- SLICE AND BAKE COOKIE VARIATION:
PREPARE dough as above. Divide in half; wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Shape each half into 15-inch log; wrap in wax paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.* Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Bake the cookies until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to racks and cool.
* May be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks.