- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon salt (or less to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 (1 pound) can diced tomatoes (2 cups)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 10 sheets of Maninis Gluten Free Lasagna Sheet*
- 8 ounces Ricotta Cheese
- 8 to 10 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brown beef drain off excess fat; then add onions and spices. Cook until onions are tender. Add tomatoes and sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer at least 2 1/2 hours.
- Cook lasagna noodles for 3 minutes and rinse under cold water to keep them from sticking and make handling easier. In a greased 9“x 13” baking dish, spread a little sauce, then layer three noodles. Spread noodles with 1/2 of ricotta, 1/3 of sauce, mozzarella, and then parmesan. Repeat two more times, omitting ricotta on top layer.
- Bake for 40 minutes. LET STAND AT ROOM TEMPERATURE FOR 10 MINUTES BEFORE CUTTING
- Makes 6 to 8 servings
Recipe adapted from Joy of Cooking Cookbook
* If you live in the Pacific Northwest, you can find Maninis Gluten Free Lasagna Sheet at your local natural foods store. If they aren’t carrying it, let us know. Or you can order Maninis Gluten Free Trovato Pasta Mix online at maninis.com and make it homemade on your own pasta machine.