by Amie Valpone, author of THE HEALTHY APPLE
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/4 cup fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 1 one-pound salmon fillet with skin
- 1 (9 oz. container) Maninis Gluten Free Lemon Thyme Linguini
- 2 cups fresh kale, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- Heat the broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, sage, honey, sea salt and pepper; mix well to combine. Press mixture onto the skinless side of the salmon. Broil salmon, skin side down about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, cook pasta according to package. Reserve 1/4 cup cooking water; drain pasta. Return it to the warm pot, add kale, and toss.
- In a bowl, mix together Greek yogurt, balsamic vinegar, flax seeds and pasta water.
- Transfer pasta to serving dish; top with salmon and a drizzle of balsamic mixture.