- 2 cups Maninis Gluten Free Multiuso Flour Mix
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly oil an 8-inch cast-iron pot.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and buttermilk. Add the egg and buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon until the dry ingredients are moistened. The dough should be moist, but not so sticky that it is hard to handle. Fold in the raisins.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly. Mound the dough into a dome shape, about 6-8 inches across depending on the size of your pot. Place the dough into a seasoned cast-iron pot. Score a cross in the batter approximately 1/2 inch deep.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and brush with melted butter.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pot and either serve or allow to cool completely. Store at room temperature in an airtight container or tightly wrapped in foil.
Serving: Makes one loaf
Adapted from La Phemme Foodie