This recipe was created by one of our facebook fans whose blog is inadequatemother
2 1/3 cups MANINIS Gluten Free Multiuso Multi-Purpose Flour Mix
3 tablespoons dry milk powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
2 1/4 teaspoons (1 packet) instant rise yeast
2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
1 egg, at room temperature 2 egg whites, at room temperature, plus 1 egg white
1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees), plus 1 teaspoon water
Approx 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds (optional)
You’ll also need:
Nonstick cooking spray
Waxed Paper **
**Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Turn the oven off once it reaches temperature.
1. Place Flour, Milk Powder, Salt, Sugar and Yeast in mixing bowl. Mix to combine ingredients.
2. While continuing to mix add Butter, Egg, 2 Egg Whites and 1/2 cup Water. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl to incorporate all the dry ingredients.
3. Divide dough ball into 8 pieces.
4. Prepare baking sheet. Cover with parchment and sprinkle with cornmeal.
5. Roll each dough ball into a seven inch rope and then securely pinch the ends together to form the bagel shape. Place formed bagel on baking sheet.
6. Once all bagel are formed, lightly spray waxed paper with cooking spray and place over the top of the bagels. Place the bagels in preheated oven that has been TURNED OFF! Allow them to rise for 40 minutes.
7. Just before the bagels are done rising, fill a large sauce pan with 4″ of water and add the 2 teaspoons of sugar. Bring the water to a boil.
8. Pull the bagels out of the oven and turn the oven back on, Preheat to 400 degrees.
9. Place four of the bagels into the boiling water. After 30 seconds, flip the bagel and boil on the other side for 30 seconds. Remove bagels from the boiling water with a slotted spoon and place back on the parchment covered baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining four bagels.
10. Whip remaining egg white and 1 teaspoon water until frothy. Brush onto bagels. Sprinkle Sesame Seeds on bagels.
11. Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Allow to cool and enjoy!