Posted in Corn-Free Recipes, Do you have Gluten Intolerance?, Gluten-Free Recipes, Healthy Apple Recipes, tagged Black pepper, Brussel Sprout, Brussel Sprout recipes, Gluten Free, Gluten Free Foods, Gluten Free Pasta, Manhattan, Olive oil, Parmigiano-Reggiano, Personal Chef, Vegetarian on April 22, 2012|
Leave a Comment »
Roasted brussels sprouts (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Created by: Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP, author of The Healthy Apple is a Manhattan based Culinary Nutritionist, Personal Chef, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in simple Gluten-Free ‘Clean’ recipes for the home cook.
Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy-Free
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- On a baking sheet, toss zucchini, Brussels sprouts, and garlic with olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast until golden brown; approximately 30 minutes.
- In large pot, cook pasta according to package. Drain pasta and return pasta to pot.
- Add roasted vegetables to pasta; mix well to combine. Add remaining ingredients; gently toss to combine. Serve with additional Parmesan.
Read Full Post »
by Amie Valpone, author of THE HEALTHY APPLE
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/4 cup fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 1 one-pound salmon fillet with skin
- 1 (9 oz. container) Maninis Gluten Free Lemon Thyme Linguini
- 2 cups fresh kale, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- Heat the broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, sage, honey, sea salt and pepper; mix well to combine. Press mixture onto the skinless side of the salmon. Broil salmon, skin side down about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, cook pasta according to package. Reserve 1/4 cup cooking water; drain pasta. Return it to the warm pot, add kale, and toss.
- In a bowl, mix together Greek yogurt, balsamic vinegar, flax seeds and pasta water.
- Transfer pasta to serving dish; top with salmon and a drizzle of balsamic mixture.
Read Full Post »
by Amie Valpone, author of The Healthy Apple
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP, author of The Healthy Apple is a Manhattan based Culinary Nutritionist, Personal Chef, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in simple Gluten-Free ‘Clean’ recipes for the home cook.
Amie has developed recipes using Maninis Gluten Free products and we are honored to share them with you.
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil, plus more for baking dishes
- ½ tsp. each sea salt and ground pepper
- 1 (9 oz. container) Maninis Gluten Free Fresh Spaghetti
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved horizontally
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups 1 % milk (or dairy free alternative)
- 12 medium white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup Greek plain yogurt (or dairy free alternative)
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Oil a large baking dish with olive oil.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta per directions on package; drain and return to pot.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper; cook for 5 minutes per side. Thinly slice chicken; set aside.
- Add chicken and pasta the baking dish. Top with remaining ingredients.
- Bake, until top is golden brown about 25 minutes. Set aside for 3-4 minutes before serving.
Read Full Post »